About the BCIIHG
Notice of Cancellation. Until further notice. If anyone would like to organize an event in the interior to benefit the piping and drumming community we would be interested in helping. Please contact us via email at email@example.com.
The BCIIHG uis a competition for solo pipers and drummers and pipe bands. This event has been running for many years, it was originally called the Interior Mini Meet. The event is sponsored by the Kelvern Celtic Society.
Please support our pipers and drummers by coming to watch them play. We often have a highland dancing display in the afternoon. We welcome more competitors from anywhere.
We would like to thank the companies and individuals who help to fund and organize this event. Our major sponsors are:
- The Kelvern Celtic Society
- Vernon Branch #25 Royal Canadian Legion
We have so few entries this time around that we (Kelvern) can no longer subsidize the Interior Highland Gathering. Only 7 piping entries in the morning, one drummer during that time and only three bands in the afternoon.
The support of all bands and their members has carried this event for almost thirty years. Until now.
If we are to revive this Gathering in the spring of 2016, it will be contingent upon the support and participation of all the bands and many of the individuals in bands and from the community. Without that continuing level of enthusiasm, the doors of Trinity United may forever close to this celebration of Celtic music.
It’s up to you!
Certainly, you must be aware that the hall rental, the judges’ fees and other costs incurred are far greater than the entry fees received. However, the margin between our expenses and the monies taken in during the day (including the collection/donation from the audience, something very new!) is too great to be sustainable.
My thanks to all those who have supported this event through the years. Please understand that this decision has not been taken lightly. I and the committee members involved regret having had to take this decision.
Sincerely, Paul Munroe President, the Kelvern Celtic Society and Gathering chair.
24 October 2015 Events List
Events for young and old, groups and individuals, pipers and drummers …..
There have been some changes to the rules made for 2015, please note rules 15 and 19. BCIIHG Rules
Please enter by email or telephone and pay at the registration desk on the day of the contest.
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jim at 250-546-2842.
Entry fees: Solo $8.00 per event; Duet $10.00; Trio/quartette $15.00; Drum fanfare $15.00; Band $75
Deadlines: See events list. If you enter late it costs more and you play for adjudication only after all the others players are done. It’s easy to enter – just call or e-mail! If you don’t get a confirmation back on your e-mail, please try again, we seem to have had some entries go missing.
Schedule for the Day
- Solo Piping & Drumming Competition starts at 9:00 a.m.
- Lunch 12:00-1:00
- Band competition to start at 1:00
Same location as last season. Trinity United Church,
3300 Alexis Park, Vernon BC
Directions: From the North
- Stay on Hwy 97 until you come into town. Do NOT take 27th street exit.
- At the end of the London Drugs mall at the traffic lights by Safeway and the Interior Savings and credit union turn right.
- You will pass Red Top Boots and the multi plex. At the next lights (it looks like a T intersection) turn left onto Alexis Park.
- Follow it until you see the sign for the church on the right.
Directions: from the South
- Follow Hwy 97 into Vernon.
- Turn left off the highway at the 25 St. lights at the bottom of hospital hill.
- Go one block and turn right at the next lights by Real Canadian Warehouse Store.
- Go three blocks and turn left at the next lights on 30 Ave.
- Go through the traffic circle, and turn right at the next set of lights on Alexis Park Drive.
- Go straight until you see the church sign on your left, (about one and 1/2 blocks).