The Kelvern Celtic Society announced the establishment of a STUDENT BURSARY effective September, 2015.
Applications will be accepted from April 1st to May 15th in the graduating year of the candidate. The successful candidate’s award will be paid directly to the approved, post secondary institution of their choice, by the Central Okanagan Foundation.
All applicants Must:
- Have an affiliation or a family affiliation with the Kelvern Celtic Society.
- Presently be enrolled in a secondary school setting and graduating in the year of application.
- Be an active community volunteer during secondary school years.
- Have an academic average suitable for acceptance into a post graduate institution or technical school.
- The funds are earmarked for candidates who will be attending a public university or college. Under the terms and conditions of the Canada Revenue Agency, the monies which are administered on our behalf by the Central Okanagan Foundation can only be sent to public institutions with charitable status.
To start the process fill in the form here.
2017 Bursary Recipient
Mikayla Goodman, Kelowna Pipe Band. The bursary was presented to Mikayla at the Okanagan Military Tattoo by last years bursary recipient Lauren Latham. Mary Thurber, President of Kelvern, and Norm Crearar of the Tattoo assisted. Mikayla plans to study early childhood education.
2016 Bursary Recipient
Lauren Letham – Kamloops Pipe Band Society
2015 Kelvern Bursary Recipients
Camryn Peters – Okanagan Irish Society affiliation
John Gray – Kamloops Pipe Band affiliation
Brittany Crooks – Kelowna Pipe Band affiliation
Brittany is starting a Bachelor of Sciences with Combined Honours in Physics and Astronomy.
Nicholas Stanhope – Kalamalka Highlanders Pipe Band affiliation.
Nicholas is studying Science at the University of Victoria.